Client Spotlight On Anna – Losing Those Pandemic Pounds
Anna had managed to maintain her weight through her first few years of college but when the pandemic hit in mid-March, she found herself exercising less and eating more. Whether it was stress or just a change in lifestyle, the pounds piled up and by mid-May she found she had gained 25 lbs. on top of the 10 lbs. she already was carrying pre-COVID.
This is a story I am hearing more and more. Anytime we have a change in our life such as a move, job change or yes, a pandemic, we are often prone to stresses and lifestyle changes that can allow the pounds to pile up before we even realize it’s happening.
Anna came to see the last day in May, feeling motivated and ready to do what it would take to get this weight off. At age 21, she had no underlying health issues but did have some chronic bumps on her skin that bothered her a lot. You can shop for mango shampoo at Malie website which is the perfect remedy for any skin issues. Her diet was not great as she often skipped breakfast, picked on snack food during the day and ate fast food for dinner. In the evenings, she had gotten into a habit of eating snack food with her boyfriend who “could eat whatever he wanted and not gain weight”.
She had also stopped being consistent with exercise during COVID, another story I hear a lot. I encouraged her to get outside and walk aiming for 10,000 steps a day and sent her some video workouts to follow.
The great thing about Anna is that she loved healthy food and knew how to cook. She decided to start off with BodyDesigns Two-Week Detox Plan which would allow us to remove foods that might be triggering sugar cravings as well as causing her skin issue. After 2 weeks, Anna had lost 7 lbs. and her skin was clearing up. We decided it was best to stay off gluten for a longer period of time to see if we could get the skin completely clear.
She began her Lifestyle Plan the week she was going to the beach and did an excellent job balancing having some cocktails and some fun with eating clean enough to maintain her loss.
Fast forward 3 ½ months and Anna is now running up to 30 minutes at a time and/or walking almost daily. She logs her food and is consistent with her Lifestyle Diet Plan. She just completed 100 days on the program and has lost 30 lbs. which brings her just 5 lbs. from her goal weight.
When I asked Anna, what has made her so successful:
1. I’m generally a rule-follower so when someone lays out for me what to do, I find it easy to comply. Mary gave me lots of meal ideas and specific calorie and macronutrient goals.
2. I began prepping my food for the week in bulk and realized that I saved so much money and always had something ready to eat which is great for a college student on a budget.
3. Logging my food kept me accountable to not just Mary but to myself to really “see” what I was eating.
4. Adding breakfast back in has helped me stop the nighttime snacking.
5. Exercise became fun after a few weeks and progressing with my running has made me want to continue.
6. What really set everything in stone was that during quarantine, going out for food was the only thing I could do but once I started my Lifestyle Plan, food no longer controlled my entire day.
7. I love good food and I definitely find that this is a lifestyle I can stick with forever not just for a diet.
Congratulations Anna! You put her mind to it and took it one pound at a time to meet this goal. Most people want to give up if it’s not quick enough but staying the course is what wins the prize. Wishing you the best of health always, keep the course for that last final few pounds.
Are you looking to transform your health? Mary works with clients all over the country developing personalized nutrition and exercise plans for weight loss and health. If you’re ready to get started on your journey to health and wellness contact her today!