Lemon Hummus Chicken
I love when I find a recipe that is clean and easy and the whole family likes it! I know it sounds too good to be true but this one appears to be a winner as everyone that has tried it so far has loved it. This is a variation on a few versions I found that were similar and I cleaned them up to be less calories and more nutrient dense while retaining the flavors from the hummus and lemon. If you want to change up the vegetables I’m sure there are several ways to enjoy this dish. Since squash is still in season, this recipe includes both zucchini and yellow squash. Quick and easy this is a one pot dish that bakes while you can go do something else. Enjoy it hot out of the oven or prepare in advance for a meal later that week.
Lemon Hummus Chicken
6 boneless chicken breast, 4 oz each
2 zucchini, chopped or sliced
3 yellow squash, chopped or sliced
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
2 cups carrots, chopped
6 T hummus
2 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper
paprika (optional can sprinkle lightly on top)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly coat one 9 X 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray (I use coconut oil spray)
2. In large bowl place all the vegetables and add 2 tsp olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix well to coat evenly and pour into bottom of prepared baking dish.
3. To ensure the vegetables will be tender and the chicken not too dry go ahead and start the vegetables first by putting them in the oven for 15 minutes first.
4. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place chicken on top of vegetables in baking dish.
5. Use a knife to spread 1 T of hummus on each chicken breast. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the top of the chicken and vegtables.
6. Bake chicken and vegetables for an additional 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
Fat: 8 g
Carbs: 14 g
Protein: 26 g
Are you looking to transform your health? Mary works with clients all over the country developing personalized nutrition and exercise plans for weight loss and health. If you’re ready to get started on your journey to health and wellness contact her today!
Visit BodyDesigns Two Week Detox Plan or BodyDesignsbyMary for more information.