Healthy Valentine’s Day Food and Gift Ideas
Valentine’s Day is a special time of year, and it’s often associated with indulging in sweet treats, romantic dinners, and heartfelt gifts. But if you’re looking for something a little more health-conscious this year, there are plenty of ways to celebrate the holiday without sacrificing your health. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Start the day with a healthy breakfast. Breakfast can be nutritious and still romantic. Check out this recipe for Grain Free Strawberry Crepes.
Get outside and enjoy some fresh air on Valentine’s Day with your love. Why not plan a romantic hike? Find a special spot nearby and enjoy the gorgeous views as you take in some exercise. Pack a picnic so you can enjoy a healthy lunch together. Consider organic deli meats with some grain free or low carb crackers or healthy high fiber wraps. Include some colorful fruits such as strawberries. If you are a salad person check out an idea for a healthy, colorful salad on my Healthy Recipes for Your Valentine’s blog.
Cook a healthy dinner. Skip the restaurant and make a healthy dinner at home. Try a vegan stir-fry, grilled salmon, or roasted vegetables. You can also make some homemade sushi or vegan tacos. If your Valentine is a red meat lover then check out my recipe for Filet Mignon with Asparagus and Roasted Potatoes. This is simple and quick so you have more time for a romantic movie.
8 Healthy Gift Ideas
Surprise your special Valentine with a healthy gift. Here are some easy ideas.
1. A Healthy Cookbook: Encourage some healthy eating with Danielle Walker’s Eat What You Love: Everyday Comfort Food You Crave
2. A Massage Gift Certificate: Give the gift of relaxation with Symmetry Sports Massage
3. A Meditation Kit: Help your love get started with some easy de stressing techniques with Check out The Magnetic Mediation Kit
4. A Nutrition plan or consultation – Give the gift of health with BodyDesigns Nutrition Plans
5. A Portable Blender – If your love travels this will help them be able to do a healthy shake for breakfast with a Portable Personal Blender
6. A Coupon Book – Make your love a gift that keeps giving with personal coupons with a Coupon Gift Book
7. A Healthy Chocolate Alternative – If you still want to give some sweets to your sweets, check out ChocZero for a healthy option
8. Fitbit Inspire 3 Bundle – This is a great gift where my favorite Fitbit comes with interchangeable bands for fashionable wear.
Valentines Day should be more than a Hallmark Holiday. With a little effort you can make it a healthy day and show your love how much you care. Hope you enjoy these ideas and I would love to hear from you.
Are you looking to transform your health? Mary works with clients all over the country developing personalized nutrition and exercise plans for weight loss and health. If you’re ready to get started on your journey to health and wellness contact her today!