Guest blog by www.addonkitchen.com
If you are in the hunt of a perfect breakfast recipe, then your hunt ends here. Mexican-style omelette wrap is what you need to get you going in the morning. This omelette wrap is not just about egg, but it has got a plenty of other good stuff as well such as tomatoes, parmesan cheese, baby spinach and a lot more. Mexican-Style omelette wrap can also be enjoyed by gluten intolerant individuals.
Ingredients of Mexican-style omelette wrap:
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp chipotle tabasco sauce
4 spring onions
Five large tomatoes of mixed color
Baby spinach (50 grams)
1 Bunch of coriander
20 grams parmesan cheese
Six large free-range eggs
How to prepare the wrap?
1. Squeeze one lime, measure tabasco into the jam jar and add a pinch of black pepper.
2. Tighten the lid of the jar properly and shake the mixture well. Cut 2nd lime into wedges and keep it aside.
3. Take a chopping board and trim spring onions. Once trimmed, finely slice them and put it in a bowl. Now take coriander leaves and chop them, but make sure you keep some coriander for later use. Rest of the coriander will go inside the bowl.
4. Add some sea salt along with red wine vinegar. Mix the entire ingredients together.
5. Chop some tomatoes and spinach, and add these into the bowl as well.
6.Crack all 5 eggs into a jug or bowl and add a splash of water. Then season it with salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs until the mixture combines together.
7. Now, heat one tbsp. of olive oil in a red copper frying pan over medium heat. Then, add ¼ of the egg into the pan and make sure it covers the entire base of the pan.
8. Cook the egg for a couple of minutes or until the omelette is set. When it is set, you will have to finely grate parmesan cheese and scatter it all over the omelette.
9. Put the omelette onto your serving plate with some salad in the middle. Roll the omelette up now.
10. Give the final touch with chipotle dressing along with coriander leaves, and then, serve the omelette wrap with lime wedges.
Wasn’t that easy? Of course it was, and this recipe can be enjoyed a couple of times or more in a week. It is easy to prepare and gives the feeling as if you are having something exotic. This is one of those recipes, which will be liked by everyone, let it be kids or adults. It is refreshing, flavour-packed and healthy.
You can add more ingredients in the salad if you want, as it is a customizable recipe. But, make sure that all ingredients are fresh because only then, you will be able to enjoy the rich taste and flavours of this amazing breakfast recipe. As I have mentioned-above, this is a gluten-free recipe, so gluten intolerant people can also enjoy it.
Author Bio: Monica Henin, the author of this post is an expert for healthy recipes. She has contributed with her content on various top websites. She is also running her own website by the name of www.addonkitchen.com, where she provide precise and useful information regarding food tips and healthy recipes.
Are you looking to transform your health? Mary works with clients all over the country developing personalized nutrition and exercise plans for weight loss and health. If you’re ready to get started on your journey to health and wellness contact her today!