Avocado Deviled Eggs
Made with avocado, these deviled eggs will come out green making them perfect for St. Paddy’s Day or as part of your Easter celebration meal. But putting holidays aside, these little gems can be a staple in your diet for breakfast, snacks or meals anytime of the year.
By replacing the mayonnaise in the traditional recipe with a healthy avocado we get a protein and nutrient packed dish which is lower in calories and higher in vitamins and minerals. This recipe is perfect for those of you following a low carb, paleo, keto, dairy free or gluten free diet.
This recipe of course is good for anytime – make them for snacks, breakfast, lunch or company. No matter how you serve them you can’t go wrong with this one.
Devilishly Good Eggs
12 organic eggs
2 ripe avocado
1/4 c. fresh, chopped cilantro, plus garnish
2 T lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp. salt
touch of cayenne is optional
Paprika to garnish
1. Hard-boil the eggs. I prefer to use my Egg Steamer which is easy to use and makes eggs that peel away nicely. If you don’t have a steamer, you can place them in a pan covered with water and bring to a boil. Once they boil cover the pan, turn off the heat and allow them to sit for 10-12 minutes. Rinse under cold water immediately. If you are cooking a large batch of eggs you can let them sit for up to 20 minutes without harming the quality.
2. Peel each egg and slice in half. Scoop out the yellow yolk and place in a mixing bowl. Place the whites on a large plate.
3. Add avocado, cilantro, lemon juice, garlic and salt to egg yolks and combine well.
4. Fill each egg white with the yolk mixture using a spoon or a funnel. To make your own funny take a large plastic bag, fill it with the yolk mixtture than cut the tip off the bag.
5. Decorate each egg with a touch of paprika. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for later use.
Fat: 8 g
Carbs: 3 g
Protein: 7 g
Are you looking to transform your health? Mary works with clients all over the country developing personalized nutrition and exercise plans for weight loss and health. If you’re ready to get started on your journey to health and wellness contact her today!