If you grew up eating this popular comfort food then you may be surprised to find that its just as yummy without all the fat and white pasta. Definitely a great way to get in those Omega 3’s into your family. Ready in 30 minutes and serves 4.
1 small sweet potato
6 T Parmesan cheese
1 T low fat mayo
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup low fat milk
1 tsp olive or coconut oil
1/2 onion chopped
1 cup frozen peas
2 cups cooked brown rice
7 oz can tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel sweet potato, cook in microwave for about 5 minutes and mash well with fork. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together cheese, mayo, mustard, garlic powder, pepper and milk. Add mashed sweet potato and blend well until you get a creamy, orange sauce.
4. Heat oil in pan and sautee onion until soft, about 2 minutes. Add peas. Add brown rice to reheat. Then stir in sweet potato mixture. Add tuna and mix to combine.
5. Place everything in an 8 X 8 dish and bake for 20 minutes. Serve on a bed of steamed spinach.
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 45 g
Fiber: 8 g
Protein: 25 g
Are you looking to change your diet? Mary works with clients all over the country developing personalized nutrition and exercise plans for weight loss and health. If you're ready to get started on your journey to health and wellness contact her today!
NEW! BodyDesigns’ Two Week Detox Plan – lose weight and get healthy while eating real food! (go to Nutrition tab and pulldown menu for information)