One year ago Ann decided that it was time to get her weight and therefore her health in order. She was never one to diet or worry about weight and over the years it had crept up on her and she found herself over 200 lbs. She began working out with a trainer at Lifetime Fitness and lost 20 lbs in the first 4 months before she came to me.
Ann started training with me 8 months ago with a goal to lose another 30 lbs. Her starting body fat with me was at 37.2%. Her diet was good but she was not planning and was not eating enough protein. She was resistant at first to preparing meals and would rather eat them out but over the course of the next 8 months Ann would begin to get into a routine of preparing healthy foods and eating more protein. As this happened, the weight begin to shed.
Today Ann is just about 5 lbs from her goal weight! She has dropped 10% of her body fat along with 5 inches in her waist and 3 inches in her hips.
When I asked Ann to share the secrets to her success she told me:
1. Logging her food was key! Being accountable to what she was actually eating opened her eyes to calories.
2. Adding protein to each meal and snack.
3. Planning meals and snacks and not just eating out in a pinch.
4. Adding higher intensity cardio workouts with Tabata training and intervals.
5. Being sure to plan for workouts even when on the road traveling.
6. Making that decision that diet and exercise would be as important as any other aspect of her life and incorporating it into a routine.
Ann is still working out as hard as ever and lost another 2 lbs last week bringing her just 3 lbs from her original goal weight and a total of 46 lbs in 1 year! Congratulations Ann on making those positive changes in lifestyle so that you could not only meet your goal but maintain it for years to come!